Millstone’s Farina “00” Specialty Artisan Flour is what you need to make pizza like a true Italian “Mamma” right here in South Africa, using our cherished recipe below. Our top-quality flour is unbleached, has no preservatives or additives, and is also GMO-free.
Yield 200g: 103 units
Yield 150g: 137 units
Mixing time: 12 minutes
Dough resting time: 20 minutes
Moulding and scaling: 15 minutes
Baking time: ±3 – 5 minutes in a pre-heated oven of 230°C, depending on the size of the base
- 12.5 kg Millstone Farina “00” Flour
- 100 g Salt
- 30 g Yeast
- ±7.875 L Water
- 100 g Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 230°C.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large enough spiral mixer.
- Add in most of the water and mix on slow speed for 2 minutes.
- Now mix for a further 8-10 minutes on fast speed, adding in the balance of the water to assist with the dough development. In the last minute of mixing, add in the olive oil. This will assist with flavour development and add colour to the pizza when baking it.
- Once mixed, remove dough from mixing bowl and place on a clean, flour-dusted table surface. You are now ready to start working with your pizza dough.
- Knead the dough, scale into your desired pizza sizes, and mould into round dough balls. Rest the dough balls for ±20 minutes before you start rolling them into pizza bases. Alternatively, cover them with cling film and leave them on a tray in a fridge/cold room to use as needed.
- On a freshly floured surface, roll out your pizza base. Once you’ve achieved your desired shape, dress the pizza with your tomato paste/sauce. Remember to leave ±1.5 cm around the edge of the pizza clear of the tomato paste to help stop any cheese from running over the edge.
- Place your tomato dressed pizza base in the preheated oven for ±30-45 seconds, just to allow it to firm up. Remove from the oven and dress the pizza with the desired toppings.
- Once the pizza is fully dressed, return to the preheated oven and bake until the base is cooked through and crisp and all the cheese on top of the pizza has melted and turned golden in colour.
- Remove from the oven, cut into slices, and serve immediately for your patrons to enjoy!